BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 28, 2009

Heartbeat Radio

It's no question that I am a Sondre Lerche music fan. The first time I heard his single, "Two Way Monologue," I was out the door and off to buy his album.

That was about six years ago now.

Let's just say I never imagined having the privilege to do a one-on-one interview with him. Well, it happened! I spoke with him a few days ago about his latest release, Heartbeat Radio.



To those of you who aren't familiar, Sondre Lerche is from Bergen, Norway. He has released 4 full-length albums and he composed the majority of the music for Dan in Real Life - which by the way was an awesome film.

My personal favourite songs off his albums are as mentioned earlier, "Two Way Monologue," along with "You Know So Well," "John, Let Me Go," and I pretty much adore anything off his jazz album, Duper Sessions.

The article should be up on lucidforge.com within the next week. So check back for it.

However, if you are looking to hear a bit of the interview, I have posted a couple of minutes from it. In this clip Sondre talks about one of his first times on stage. It's pretty funny!


I think it is great to promote and spread awareness to the public about unique artists not only locally but also internationally. There are tons of amazing and brilliant singer/songwriters from Europe, America and right in our Canadian backyards who release an album that is unconventional, fun and sometimes very methodical.

So with these words, I encourage you to give Sondre a listen. The album will drop on September 8th in North America. Trust me, his music will blow you away. :)

- Emily

0 comments: