O.M.G!!! What an experience it is to see the legendary Canadian rockstar, Bryan Adams, in concert.
On August 13th and 15th, Adams visited Toronto for his Massey Hall and yes, I was there to soak him all up.
After his 30+ years in the music industry, I finally - for the first time - got to see him live.
The show was unplugged, intimate and moving.
I can't even begin to explain what I loved most about his show. The man has an intense and powerful stage presence. His performance of "Star" nearly brought me to tears - a true measure of HOW much it captivated and touched my spirit.
Along with being entirely breath taking, his concert was actually pretty funny at points. He sang "Please Forgive Me" in the style of a country-western jam that had the sold out audience laughing in hysterics!
However I must say, I found his rendition of Stompin' Tom Connors' "The Good Old Hockey Game" brilliant! You can't go wrong with a Canadian audience by singing that tune, that’s for sure.
Adams told fans that it was hard for him to fit his entire music career into two hours. Among Adams' set list included "Summer of '69," "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman," "Cuts Like a Knife," and a song he admits was written for a film about a male stripper, "Heaven." He said, "To anyone who got married to his...I'm sorry if I ruined it."
It is hard for me to name only one of my concert experiences as my favourite, but as of right now Bryan Adams is stealing my heart and the number one place in my books.
- Emily
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Tonight I Have The Stars
Posted by A Girl at 8/18/2009 12:11:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment