BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My most memorable interviews

I have been meaning to create a post like this for a while. I just haven't had the time to create audio clips from some of the interviews.

This is my list of great quotes and sound bites from interviews I have had the pleasure of doing over the past year.

5. The Paint Movement - I picked this band as one of my favourites because they were simply hilarious! I interviewed them at the Mod Club only a few days ago actually and they performed a solid set. During my interview with them I asked if they ever get annoyed with each other while on tour. Take a listen to their answer. It is gold.


4. Carey West - I am a huge fan of jazz music and Carey West is a pretty jazzy gal. Her music isn't the norm (in a good way!) and her voice is truly unique.

I interviewed her at the beginning of the year to discuss her CBC Radio One national performance. She told me how early she had to wake up and how nerve wracking it was to be performing live to all parts of Canada.

She also spilled the beans about a few embarrassing high school stories. Take a listen.


3. USS - Alright, I have chosen USS because of one reason alone: my answering machine message. I never saved it but Ash left me an amazingly long message about the garbage situation in Toronto. It had no real relevance, he was just returning my call. But I found it pretty wonderful.

I have attached an audio clip with Human Kebab explaining how Ash broke his ankle.


2. Bedouin Soundclash - Sadly, I have no audio clips from this interview. I was having trouble with my recorder during my interview. So, I had to take out my trusty pen and paper.

I picked this as one of my favs because well, Jay Malinowski is SO nice and I guess you can call him one of my celebrity crushes! I mentioned him in a previous blog. To make a long story short, it was a phone interview and we had trouble with the cellphone signals. Anyway, he told me I could talk to him for as long as I needed to, despite my designated 15 minute interview length.

After my chat with him I bought all of Bedouin's albums. :)

He's dreamy :P

1. The Midway State - O.M.G! I had a chance to interview Mike Kirsh and Mike Wise from the Midway State ("Change for You") for Post City Magazines in the winter. I met them at a pub on Dupont in Toronto. They were conducting interviews for a roadie position. My interview with them lasted for a whole of 10 minutes but they invited me to stay for lunch!


(A photo Mike Wise sent me of him and Kirsh, during their high school days, jammin' at the Indigo cafe)

During that time I found out both Mike Kirsh and I attended the Britney Spears mall concert - almost a decade ago. I think I have a whole new respect for him. That seriously made my day. He said he was the little boy in the background of the news camera trying to sneak into the shot.

These guys are great. A band I'd like to interview again in the future for sure.

There was so many awesome clips I wanted to post. But I picked this one. Listen to hear their funny Juno nomination story.


That's all for now, folks!

- Em

0 comments: