BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Advice from a CBC veteran

About 5 months ago I had the great pleasure of chatting with Sasa Petricic for the North Toronto Post.

Sasa Petricic is a CBC journalist for The National. The man has been to war zones, in extreme weather conditions and he has documented highly controversial issues nationally and internationally.

Not only is it a very rare honour to talk to someone of his caliber but it was also an informative and inspirational experience. Petricic began his journey as a journalist at a small station in rural Canada. Today, he is a Gemini-nominated reporter.

Every time I feel like I'm going to crash and burn, I think back to our conversation. His advice to me was to get as much experience as possible and to get familiar with all aspects of the media like photography, video and the web.

So, I'm taking his words to heart. He is truly an admirable journalist.

Click here to read my interview.



- Emily

0 comments: