BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 24, 2009

American Idol in Canada

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love American Idol!

I watched it religiously this whole season. I normally try to stay away from reality t.v. because I get addicted. This year I told myself, "No. I will just watch it to pass the time. No getting addicted!"

Well, that didn't work.

I also have a tendency to root for the underdog. So, to my surprise this year my favourite, Kris Allen, won! I was on iTunes every week downloading his studio covers and I updated my facebook status with my take on his weekly performances.

Naturally, when Kris and the rest of the Idols stopped north of the border I had to go.

I drove with a few friends to Hamilton (2 hours away) to see the Idol concert. And guess what?! Yours truly actually got to meet Kris Allen. I KNOW! Go me! I waited for over four hours in the heat and with an empty tummy for him. I was pretty happy - to say the least - when he took a photo with me and signed my shirt. :)

For those of you who couldn't make it to the show, I reviewed the American Idol concert for lucidforge.com. Click here to read it.


- Emily

0 comments: