BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 10, 2009

First Blog EVER!

Wow! So this is my first time EVER blogging. To begin, I think it would be helpful to explain why - after 7 years of computer/internet addiction - I have decided to finally create an online diary.

I am beginning this blog to share stories about my life as a photographer and journalist. I have so many stories, so much to share and no where to really document these great, funny and sometimes embarrassing stories.

For example, only a few weeks ago I interviewed Jay Malinowski, the lead singer of Juno Award-winning duo, The Bedouin Soundclash. I KNOW! AWESOME! I was actually
pretty nervous to do the interview. And when I'm nervous, it is never good for me and probably not to good for whoever I'm around. I tend to talk A LOT! I'm never really sure if I make sense either. But as long as they respond then I must, right?

Anyway, when I called Jay I swear we spent at least 5 minutes asking each other, "Can you hear me now?" The only thing I was thinking at that point: WHY AM I NOT ON THE VERIZON NETWORK?!

*Sigh*

But to make a long story short, Jay was actually really funny. I ended up asking him how he feels when he sees a crowd singing along and dancing to his music. Typical question I assume. His response, "Wait, are they good dancers?" His answer was followed by my prolonged laughter. I think I giggled (like a schoolgirl!) for a good 20-30 seconds...which is really long if you think about. For some reason, I found that extremely hilarious. One of those 'you-had-to-be-there' moments I guess.

Thankfully, Jay extended my interview time (after that phone kerfuffle). He told me
I could talk to him for as long as I needed to until I was questioned-out.

Anyway, I sugguest checking out the band's newest song "Hearts in the Night." A new - almost acoustic/rock - vibe compared to their signature "When the Night Feels My Song" sound.



- Emily

0 comments: