As summer comes to an end that means - for most people - the start of classes, back to school shopping and another step towards Old Man Frost, but for me it means another season of my show, Swap Shop.
This is my second season hosting the show and I am pretty excited to start up again for the fall.
In preparation of the new season, this weekend my co-host and I shot our fall promos.
Promos. Oh, the promos! I don't hate doing promos, but I am naturally very shy. It takes a lot of concentration and a couple of deep breaths for me to relax in front of the camera. Doing fall promos can be hard. My nervous habits include laughter - as mentioned in my previous post.
Last year while shooting fall promos I went through a good 5 takes before getting it right. But it was my first time filming a promo, so thankfully people had patience with me.
Luckily this year my co-host was present with me in the studio for filming, unlike last year. I always feel better with him around. The camera loves him and he is experienced and comfortable in front of it.
With him there, I was actually was able to get through all my takes without blowing it by giggling. Yay me!
The promos will be out and free for me to post by the end of the month. But check out our summer promo - which is NOTHING like the fall promos. The summer promo is cute, relaxed and filmed on our talk show-like set. It appears on the top left-hand corner of the Rogers TV, Swap Shop home page. We return in September. Saturdays at 5pm and now, back by popular demand, Sunday afternoon repeats.
Swap Shop Summer 2009 Promo
(my co-host and I before the show)
- Emily
Monday, August 10, 2009
Swap Shop Fall Promos
Posted by A Girl at 8/10/2009 09:11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment