BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tis The Season!

Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la, la la la la...right?

Or maybe not.

I've been there, working behind a counter during the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season. It isn't fun. Customers can be crazy, vicious even. Besides the intense crowds, long lineups, and the flurries I don't see what is so bad about this season. (sarcasm anyone?)

Seriously, I love this season. The first snow fall is always beautiful (to look at, at least). I also LOVE holiday shopping. Normally, I pick myself up one or two (or three or four) gifts on the side. But really, there is nothing more exciting than purchasing an incredible gift for that certain someone! Or what about snapping a photo with Ol' Saint Nick himself - you're never too old to do that, trust me!


Exhibit a)













But if you're having a hard time dealing with those angry customers and finding it difficult to get into the Christmas spirit, here are a few tips and tricks that will have you singing a holiday jingle in no time:


5. Crack out a pair of jingle socks. I know it sounds cheesy (and perhaps utterly ridiculous) but it works! I received jingle socks for a gift one year (thanks, Lisa), and every step I took put a smile on at least one face. Totally worth it! (It also makes one heck of a stocking stuffer).

4. Wear a Santa (or elf) hat into the office. It's cute and endearing. You're boss will have a hard time telling you to remove it once they see your pretty face in it. ;)

3. Christmas movie marathon, anyone? I suggest renting The Charlie Brown Christmas (my fav!), Frosty the Snowman, or Rudolph the Red -Nosed Reindeer. These flicks are classics and timeless.


2. Holiday portraits is another great way to get into the festive mood. Grab the family, dress in your most vibrant Christmas colours, and stop by your local portrait studio to create memories that will last a life time (they also make great additions to any Christmas card).


1. And my top tip - Christmas music! Burn a c.d., pick up a cheap holiday mix album, or turn on E.Z Rock (they play Christmas music throughout the month of December). Christmas albums by Clay Aiken, Mariah Carey, 98 Degrees, N'Sync, Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, and Paul Brandt are all fantastic picks!



So, to all you grumps, smile! Enjoy the season! :)


Happy Holidays, y'all!
- Em

0 comments: