BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Biding '09 a Farewell

In the blink of an eye, it was all over. In an instance, 365 days were yet another memory for the scrapbooks.

2009, what a year. Despite my many attempts at finding full-time work, my oddly unhealthy obsession with American Idol (Go Team Kris!), and a year jam packed full of great shows (Bryan Adams anyone?) I must say, I am glad '09 has set sail.

However, looking back at 2009 there are a few thing I learned:

# 1. Always bring your telephoto lens, even when you think you won't need it (you WILL need it).
# 2. Don't wear ballet flats on a shoot into the wilderness (they aren't waterproof, duh!).
# 3. Print out directions, you don't know Scarborough as well as you think.
# 4. Always have cash - Tim Hortons doesn't accept debit!

And the most important..

# 5. Anything is possible - anything!

Although it was a year spilling with tribulations and trials, I survived. I learned to hold on after I was screwed over. "It's only business," someone told me...the words that broke my heart.
I was scammed out of a well-deserved pay cheque AND I learned that there are many fish in the sea- but only a few who are worth the catch.

Paying your dues is tough work, but throughout this passing year I have been inspired - inspired through friends, books, films, and music.

As we enter 2010, the year I have coined "l'an de moi", I am gearing up to put these 5 (pretty awesome) tips into action. But for those of you who are struggling, having a tough time finding your niche, I have put together a list of the things you MUST do to achieve courage and inspiration.

# 1. Volunteer - a great way to make friends, give back to your community, and a nice way to buff up your resume.
# 2. "The Alchemist" - READ IT. That is all.
# 3. Create - Free your mind. Be creative. Be innovative. Express yourself through song, poetry, or on a canvas.
# 4. Dare - do something outside of your comfort zone. Skydive, rocky mountain climb, ride a bull (Live Like You're Dying - Tim McGraw).

But the best tip I can give anyone:

#5. Never give up. There are literally no boundaries. So with that, I will suggest you listen to "No Boundaries" by Kris Allen. He inspires me! :)

Cheers to 2010 everyone!

-Em

0 comments: